Do you own an Apple Pencil? Learning how to turn on Apple Pencil will help you connect and use this device easily. These days people use iPad for running professional programs or creating a canvas for any project. Using an Apple Pencil you can take notes, mark up documents and perform multiple other tasks on your iPad. In today’s post, I will discuss everything about how to turn on an Apple Pencil in detail. There are two types of Apple Pencils developed by Apple: 1st Generation and 2nd Generation Apple Pencils. You can keep on reading further to find out how to turn on Apple Pencil of both generations.
How To Turn On Apple Pencil?
There are two methods through which you can learn how to turn on Apple Pencil in detail.
- By Using 1st Gen Apple Pencil
- By Using 2nd Gen Apple Pencil
Apple Pencils help to expand the power of the iPad and open up new creative possibilities. These devices are very sensitive to pressure and produce a wide range of artistic effects. Even though these devices look similar to each other, their pairing process is a bit different. You can keep on reading to check out how to turn Apple Pencil on.
Turn On Apple Pencil By Using 1st Gen Apple Pencil
The 1st Generation Apple Pencil comes with a lightning connector. You can follow these steps to know how to turn on Apple Pencil 1st Generation.
- Hold your Apple Pencil in your hand and remove its back cap.
- Once you remove the back cap, you’ll see the lightning output of the Apple Pencil.
- Plug your Apple Pencil in to your iPad’s lightning connector.
- Now, turn on the Bluetooth connection of your iPad to pair the pencil.
- A pop-up alert message asking for a Bluetooth Pairing Request will appear on your device.
- Tap on the Pair option to accept this pairing request.
Your Apple Pencil 1st Gen will now get connected to your iPad. Before you connect the pencil to your iPad, make sure it’s fully charged, or else it won’t work. However, you can use the same procedure to know how to turn on Apple Pencil in Settings.
Turn On Apple Pencil By Using 2nd Gen Apple Pencil
The 2nd Generation Apple Pencil can be magnetically attached to the iPad. It makes note-taking, writing, and drawing much better than ever. You can follow these steps to know how to turn on your Apple Pencil 2nd Generation.
- First, unlock your iPad to turn on the Bluetooth feature.
- Now, locate the magnetic connector on your iPad to connect the pencil.
- For this, you can keep your iPad in portrait mode.
- Then, place the Apple Pencil on the magnetic connector.
- Wait for a while till a Bluetooth Pairing Request appears on your iPad.
- Tap on the Pair option to accept this pairing request.
Thus, you’ve now successfully turned on your Apple Pencil 2. You can do your tasks seamlessly using this pencil.
To get the most out of your Apple Pencil 2, you must know how to use Apple Pencil 2. Using the Notes app, you can draw pictures/shapes, create straight lines, write texts, and more. You can even double-tap on the tip of your Apple Pencil to switch back to the tool you used last. This can be easily done in Settings > Apple Pencil, and then choose the following options:
- Switch between current tool and eraser
- Switch between current tool and last used
How To Charge Apple Pencil?
You can easily charge Apple Pencil 1 by using the Apple Pencil Charging Adapter. While you can attach an Apple Pencil 2nd Generation to the magnetic connector on the long side of your iPad. You can easily see the charging status via Bluetooth.
How To Turn Off Double Tap On Apple Pencil?
The gestures for Apple Pencil can be easily managed in the Settings app. Follow these steps if you want to turn off the double-tap gesture of your Apple Pencil.
- Open Accessibility in the Setting app.
- Here, scroll down to locate and select Apple Pencil.
- Now, select the turn off double-tap gesture to turn off this function.
Note: You can even change the duration of the double tab gesture to Slow or Slowest instead of turning it off.
Tips To Consider When Your Apple Pencil Is Not Working
By far, you’ve got to know how to connect Apple Pencil to the iPad. There are several possibilities that can affect the functioning of an Apple Pencil. Using the following troubleshooting tips, you can easily fix any issues.
- The battery in your Apple Pencil needs to be charged so that the pencil will work properly.
- If you are using Apple Pencil for the first time, check if it is compatible with your iPad model.
- Make sure you have turned on the Bluetooth connection of your iPad to allow your Apple Pencil to do its job.
- Sometimes, Pencil and iPad can fail to pair with each other. If the Apple Pencil 2 is not showing up in Bluetooth, you can redo the Bluetooth pairing process.
- If your Apple Pencil is not working at all, the pencil tip must be worn out. You can replace the tip of your Apple Pencil when the functionality of the pencil starts to diminish.
- Apple Pencil is not supported by all apps but works well on the Notes app.
- If all the above methods fail to work, you can visit the Apple support website for a mail-in repair or replacement.
Here, have a look at the iOS devices compatible with the 1st and 2nd Generation Apple Pencils.
Apple Pencil 1st Generation Compatible iPad Models
- iPad 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th Generation
- iPad Pro (9.7 inch, 10.5 inch, and 12.9 inch)
- iPad Mini 5th Generation
- iPad Air 3rd Generation
Apple Pencil 2nd Generation Compatible iPad Models
- iPad Pro 3rd, 4th, and 5th Generation (12.9 inch)
- iPad Pro 11 inch
- iPad Mini 6th Generation
- iPad Air 4th Generation
Let’s find out more facts about interesting topics on Turnonx
Does The Apple Pencil Have A Power Button?
Answer: A: The Apple Pencil does not have an on/off switch. It uses very little power. It tries to stay connected via Bluetooth to your iPad Pro.
How Do You Wake Up Apple Pencil?
The Apple Pencil can wake up to the slightest movement. Moving or nudging everyday objects such as bags, desks, drawers, clothes and even your car can wake up your Pencil.
Why Is Apple Pencil Not Working?
If Apple Pencil is acting unresponsive, it is most likely out of battery. Try plugging the pencil into your iPad (Pencil 1) or placing it on the side of your iPad (Pencil 2) and letting it charge for about ten minutes. Then try using it again. You may need to re-establish connection with your iPad.
How Do You Turn The Apple Pencil On And Off?
Answer: A: The Apple pencil is always powered on. There is no way to shut it down. Make sure you charge it regularly.
Where Is The Pair Button For The Apple Pencil?
If you have a first-generation Apple Pencil, unscrew the cap on the back of the Pencil and plug it into your iPad’s charging port. Unlock your iPad, and tap the Pair button that appears. If you have a second-generation Apple Pencil, latch the Pencil onto the magnetic connector on your iPad’s side.
In the above post, I’ve explained how to turn on Apple Pencil 1 and Apple Pencil 2 in brief. You can either use the lightning connector or the magnetic connector of your iPad. Once the pencil is connected to your iPad via Bluetooth, it is ready for use. Some people may find 1st and 2nd Generation Apple Pencils similar to each other. No, that’s misleading information! Both devices are different from each other and can be paired with specific iPad models only. By understanding how to turn on Apple Pencil, you can easily use this to perform multiple tasks on your iPad.
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit CrazzyCricket
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit CricFor
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit EagerClub
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit EarthCycle
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit EkSankalpJob